Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Compact flashed


Things of a random nature.

I am in Napier, which as the locals are always proud to brag, is the sunshine capital of New Zealand. At the moment, however, it isn't. It's horrid, it's cold, wet and a little breezy, all together like Invercargill, or one of those other places where you only visit under duress, for work, weddings or twenty firsts.

In Napier's defence I did get out for a ride last night and rode the metal trails along the tops of various stopbanks. It was glorious, no traffic, apart from bovine, and pancake flat. I'd thoroughly recommend more of these are created, damn sterling idea.

Matt, he of the still not providing naked women fame, has informed me of a slight blunder with his Ibis that he wishes to sell. The frame has grown, it's now a fifty six centrimetre frame, has gone from hobbit size to elf size. Worth a look methinks.

I traipsed about the Coromandel on the weekend, some riding, where I learnt suffering anew, and some wonderful communing with nature. Had a great encounter in the pre-dawn in the bush on Sunday with Tui and Kaka. Not just one Kaka, but a troop of five of them, all like naughty teenage boys looking for trouble. It was uplifting.

Lastly, I would like to inflict lasting pain and suffering on the sub-species of Homo sapiens that sees fit to throw their glass bottles from cars. Quite why they do this is beyond me, but I think they are worthy of being sat upon a small campfire. In the past month I have now lost three tyres to glass cuts, and have a couple of others that bear the scars of the encounters.

Reminder, keep an eye out for Gayle's bike, it may turn up in the strangest of places.

Back to the bunker now.

No comments:

Post a Comment