Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A photogenic memory


Oh, shut up Stuart!

This morning I rose early and rolled round the BCL, it was a truly pleasant experience. Balmy temperatures, no wind, dry roads, little traffic and the Tchek, tchek, tchek of Kingfishers and trilling of Riroriro. My heart would be a barren place if it was untouched.

Early in the piece, along the Northwestern Bike path, then further out I did get to witness another cretin contribute to the wrong side of the cycling ledger. Here's the checklist :-
No back light - tick
Ignore other riders and greetings - tick
Ride across Lincoln Road at speed through red light - tick
The yellow jacket of safety - tick

Thankfully the better part of the ride ahead saved me from mulling over this fool and his actions for too long.

The K2 is upon us and I'm not taking part as a rider. This will be the second time since the event started that I've sat it out. Unlike last time when I gave it a miss and sulked, this time I am going down to watch, take some photos, provide moral support and mockery and am thoroughly looking forward to it. The forecast is looking damn good, and it will be a great experience to watch others chew wasps and make gorilla faces while I enjoy the sun and the views.

I'm quite certain that Tristan, Serge and The Crocodile are all going to regret my presence at some stage or rather when they are in a place that hurts and there's a familiar looking buffoon on the side of the road hurling sagely advice.

I will report back in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment