Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mumbling


Most of the time I steer clear of the whole debate around drugs and cycling, but every so often something comes along that makes me smirk. The Tui billboard at Greenlane is one such thing.
For my overseas readers benefit I shall go and take a photo sometime, but in the meantime I will explain. Tui is a brand of beer, as a beer it's about as pleasant and fun to drink as Miller, in other words I'd rather drink tepid saline drip water than consume it. Their billboards have a tag line of "Yeah, right!" and have a statement that changes on a regular basis that the "Yeah, right!" relates to.

While generally the Tui billboards are less than funny or biting, this one sits well with me. What it says is -
One nut,
Seven Tour de France victories.
No steroids.

With the tagline - Yeah, right.

What made me smirk even more was this little video -


No comments:

Post a Comment