Monday, July 18, 2011

The beautiful and the damned




Sometimes even the best laid plans come unstuck. I am much excited about the flogging that I will endure at the end of the month in the Race of Six Friends. I have assembled a crack squad of obedient minions for my team, they are trusting with no knowledge of the course, and as all of them bar are Facebook abstainers they have seen nothing of the course clues and teasers that many other competitors have, and as a group we all are pretty compatible personality wise. Although I do expect some cuss words at the odd moment of the event.
For the race I have created a course that will challenge, excite and bewilder, I am hoping that at various moments I will be reviled and hated, and also share in some great war stories and laughter after.

So where are my plans coming unstuck? I have been laid low with a nasty affliction, it has kept me off my bike for a decent length of time, and I am slowly recovering. I will be well enough to ride the race, but I will be more of an anchor than usual. In saying that I do hope that I can contribute mentally in a positive manner to the team, and not provoke them too much when they start to turn on me.

All will be revealed on Sunday 31st, I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Liar.... from what I heard you were having no trouble at the winter soulstice ride! I'm thinking of attaching a pump or small bar of metal to my frame to beat you with at the end of this race too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ride was a lifetime ago...since then I have aged and become infirm.

    And I do suspect you may be in a queue to pour vitriol and physical harm upon me in the afternoon of July 31st...

    ReplyDelete