Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Em for me


Sitting on the windtrainer is always an immensely spirit sapping experience for me. I reserve it for times that it just can't be avoided. Normally I'm kinda careful with the iPlod and the music choice, but occasionally something slips in and throws a stun grenade in proceedings. Recently all was peachy, then in the random mix slipped Sonic Youth with Superstar. Whoops, heart says slow down and head agrees.
It got me making a mental list of favourite sad songs (oxymoronic, I know), so here they are, my choice of ten of the best, in no particular order.

1. Sonic Youth - Superstar
2. Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball
3. Grinderman - Man in the Moon
4. Wilco - At least that's what you said
5. This Mortal Coil - Song to the siren
6. The Byrds - Hickory Wind
7. Jefferson Airplane - Come up the years
8. David Bowie - Quicksand
9. Ryan Adams - Call me on your way back home
10 Barry Adamson - The sweetest embrace

There are another ten that I could easily add, but that would just be indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment