Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let Crustaceans Drive


Some days it all goes to plan, and today was one of them. It was a damn good ride this morning and at Junior's suggestion we tackled Point View Drive, from the steep end. All seventeen percent glory of it.

Coming into the climb, we did mention to The Crocodile that it was quite steep and hit high teens in gradient. He was dismissive as we approached, mocking me while it was seven percent, unable to see what was around the corner. However, he soon realised that we were telling the truth. This, once again, gave him opportunity to dismember the group, making the steep sections look all too easy. The rest of us hurting our way to the top.

Recently my Dearly Beloved caught me looking at my favourite blog, Chicks and Bikes. She mocked me and implied that I should grow up. All that it made me do is to make a mental note to make better use of the tabbing system in the browser. However it did spur me into action to find out whether Chicks and Bikes was the sole purveyor of this sort of thinking mans visual distraction. To that end I have found the following like minded sites:-

The Fix Fix Fix
Cyclechic
Riding Pretty

and then there's
Merkin World

That's just got a whole lot of questions attached, like-
Do they come up on your credit card statement as Jake's Hubcaps?
What happens if your wife doesn't like the merkin you get her for Christmas?
Do they fall off in the spa?
Will my dog be curious?

Enough, as I know that Jorge or Mikeal will be able to answer my every question shortly.

2 comments:

  1. It's a tradition in my wife's family that the first born woman in each generation sport a merkin that was first worn by a female anscestor in 1704. Over the years it's accumulated a scent that is quite arresting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught my lady a jerkin'
    She was pleasing herself with a gerkin
    She was surprised
    But I only advised
    "You could have at least removed your merkin"

    ReplyDelete