Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mus uni non fidit antro

First off, some recent scientific reporting that Explains some of us. I'm just damned pleased to know it's not just modern day Homo sapiens who engage in strange and immoral behaviour.

Following on from my last missive, CTB contacted me, and while expressing some doubt, felt that The Evil Homo moniker was still mine. Although he did applaud Mikeal roundly for his demonstration of cul de sac stupidity.

My ongoing use of the windtrainer is starting to seriously stress me, I have worked out a virtual play list to get me through these sessions of hell, I've also found that I struggle to watch DVDs while performing efforts, so it's all pretty much music based boredom relief. I could divulge the playlist, but I have a sneaking suspicion that most readers eye's will glaze over and those that don't, will mark me off as a heretic, so instead I'll just leave you to imagine the worst.

My regular road bike, the one not subjected to the indignity of being saddled stationery is looking very forlorn. I'm thinking that if the weather plays it's part then I may drive out to the New Lynn velodrome and entertain a few laps, that way I can more easily judge my readiness to re-enter riding in the outside world, with minimal risk. I know this runs counter to the lack of bodily disregard that I displayed in the first instance, and that landed me the broken thing, but being as profoundly right-handed as I am, this injury is causing me no end of inconvenience.

However, not all has been bad in my life, on Friday night, several of us, and our assorted male offspring went to the Auckland Domain to watch the special stage of the Rally of New Zealand. It was an excellent spectacle and well worth attending. Below is a very short video clip that captures some of the noise and speed that I witnessed.


1 comment:

  1. Don't worry: even given the news that long ago out species partook in strange and immoral behaviour with other species, your strange and immoral behaviour with other species still disgusts 99.7% of the population, including members of British Parliament.

    ReplyDelete