Sunday, August 8, 2010

Walking dogs.



First up, a sobering lesson as to why one should always have one's trousers tucked into one's socks when working with eels - The ass card

The little question I asked a few posts ago about the literary quotation was illuminating. Two responses, one from Mikeal, adamant that it was about sex, and one from Jorge, feeling his way around cartoon sitcom. Neither close.

It was from The Sheltering Sky, Paul Bowles' 1947 novel of beauty, death and desperation in North Africa. The quote was a death and what happened next, well you're going to have to read it to find out.

Well done CTB, yet again you have shown real metal, read about his grit in Tahiti here.

There has been an enthusiastic response to my post describing my failed parachute construction, I will post more of these type of misadventures from my growing years, especially when the demonstrate basic laws of physics.



No comments:

Post a Comment