Sunday, March 6, 2011

Backward apparatus


Sometimes the weather is just a damn aggravation, and today was one of those days. The grand plan was for the first of the long rides to kick in and a few of us venture out to Aka Aka. The last two trips out there, in the depths of winter have been wet, windy affairs, so an autumnal roll would be lovely.

It would have been lovely if the weather wasn't quite as hideous and all and sundry wisely called it off. So instead I rolled about out west. I was starting to feel a little complacent and smug about the conditions, until a decent squall hit me, soaked me and blew me up rises, and the wisdom of not venturing south was shown to be correct.

Maybe tomorrow, summer or even autumn will come back and riding will be back to a warm dry affair.



No comments:

Post a Comment