Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel


On Saturday night I witnessed a number of men,of similar advanced age to myself, showing feverish behaviour after they went to see Cold Chisel in concert.

Given that I always viewed Cold Chisel with disdain, and felt they had a use by date a few decades ago, and that I am not a great one for returning to past crimes to try and make them current, I fail to see the attraction of going to see a band like this.

Maybe I am being churlish, either way it got me thinking about the various songs that have come out of Australia, and that have taken my fancy at times. I avoided including Nick Cave in this list for a whole variety of reasons, but realised that there have been a fair swag of Australian bands I have enjoyed since I was first able to choose my music. Everything from The Saints, Hunters and Collectors, Paul Kelly to  Kasey Chambers and Spiderbait.

So here are three that have tickled my fancy at times.





No comments:

Post a Comment