Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pinhole


Tomorrow is to be the last ride in with The Croc as a regular part of my riding landscape. I am looking forward to it, in as much it is a celebration as anything else. The Croc, Mrs Crocodile and his tribe are returning from whence they came.

I shall report post ride as to how the last outing went, and where we traipsed, but it is nice to ride for a different purpose than usual.

Good luck, and keep the faith Mike!

I went to The Kings Arms last night to see Explosions in the Sky, a band from Austin, Texas, who I have liked immensely for several years. They are, to a degree, standard bearers for American Post Rock, and are more influential than you may think. Their music is entirely instrumental, and has been well picked over for soundtrack use in a surprising number of mainstream movies.

The show was sensational, intense and dynamic, it exceeded expectations. Even though their songs are long, and they played for a decent length of time, it passed far too quickly.
The following song was played, in all it's glory, intense, loud and epic.

Oh, and for what it is worth, I listen to this when I am on the windtrainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment