Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dealing with disappointment.

Last night I cleaned my bike, partly out of necessity and partly because I didn't want to get caught out by wheel building genius Tristan, who has come to stay for a few days. The thought that the house may be messy, there are tools lying around and the lawn is unmown is okay. What is not okay is having a grubby bike.

So there I was out in the night with brush and detergent filled bucket contemplating various random thoughts, when it hit me. The blinding thought that keeping a bike clean in Auckland at this time of year is a challenge. Truth be told it would be easier to keep my Russian bride in the back shed and safe from the prying eyes of my spousal unit than keep my bike clean. Unfortunately I don't have a Russian bride because Serge, recently returned form The Motherland, has come up pretty short. Not only did I let him sip tea in my house a few weeks prior, I let him ring my dearly beloved to ask if he could eat some of her freshly made baking that we found in the kitchen on the return form a Sunday ride. In return Serge promised me a Russian Bride. Shortly after that Serge left for Moscow to fulfil his bond.

Alas, we know the outcome, my two weeks of eager anticipation of Mrs Somethinganova were in vain.

One of the downsides of not having my new Russian Bride is my inability to satisfy a persistent denizen of another super power, Amerika, who has been asking repeatedly for some gratuitous womanly photos on this blog. As I kindly pointed out, this is a serious organ and there is no place for anything gratuitous (apart from my naturist that I asked for in an earlier post, and on that count I'm still waiting), but he's incessant. I had a few thoughts about Russian Bride and my interest in photography as a way of meeting this request, but that's kind of difficult now. I wonder if he'll accept a picture from a 1950s National Geographic?



(This image ain't mine BTW)

At least my bike is clean and shiny now.

1 comment:

  1. Jorge the PerfidiousJuly 4, 2009 at 4:47 AM

    I agree with the Amerikan. I also think there should be pictures of hair cake.

    ReplyDelete