Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Costly Punisher


The best laid plans of mice and men go astray, and in the case of Tandemonium they have.
Mikeal (he who is prone to pestering his pope) and I will not be riding the tandem in the Great Lake Cycle Challenge this weekend. The One Hundred and Sixty kilometres of bunch mayhem will be missing the destroyer in it's midst.

The reason for our non-attendance is due to some unforeseen, off the bike activity, and while this activity did involve incarceration, neither Mikeal the Onanist or myself were incarcerated, but someone we both hold close was, and as such it has ruled out our participation.

In hindsight this maybe a blessing, but at the moment it's a curse. On the up, Mikeal won't get the opportunity to overcook a corner and get eighty plus kilos of me using him as a landing pad.

I was hoping from some outrage from the fixie wannabe bunch about my deriding them slightly recently, but not a peep. I'm saddened by this as I'm certain that they would have iphones and twitter and all that social networking stuff and that somehow this would have hit their radar.

Obviously not, maybe they are too busy DJing and lugging their record cases around in their tight jeans. Either way, if you do know any of these miscreants be sure to point out the error of their ways.

Lastly, I hear that there is an angry Russian looking to make amends for his curtailed K2 at Taupo. Be warned, the spa scene in Eastern Promises will be mild compared to what will be unleashed on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment