Saturday, November 7, 2009

Season of Cycling





A big hats off and well done to the Christchurch City Council for it's Season of Cycling website.

Sure the pics of wannabe fixie posers make me gag, and the pat quotes about riding and coffee are queasy, but it's a clean, clear, easy to use website.


As a riding resource it's easy to navigate, has a variety routes and neat features, like maps, elevation profiles of rides (that's kind of redundant for most Christchurch rides given the biggest inner city climb would be the Moorhouse Ave overbridge, but does have merit on the Port Hills) and classifications.

It would be wonderful to see this sort of initiative taken up by other councils and given some effort.


Go and have a look, and be like me, email it to your local council.

1 comment:

  1. Horrible advice! I went to that site specifically to see if the city had improved re: cycling since I was stationed there during the Boer Wars, and I could not find any sort of ranking of coffee houses in the city or surroundings. In fact, I couldn't find a single review of a coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete