Sunday, September 4, 2011

A darkness comes


It's the torture fest in the Vuelta a Espana tomorrow, and the savage beast that is the Angliru. This thing hits 28%, and that is in the middle of an 11 kilometre climb at the end of a 130 kilometre stage in a three week grand tour.
I know what 28% is like on a bike, I found a section of concrete in the Waitakeres that hits that silly number, I rode it, but I wasn't racing, and rest assured I didn't look at all like a bike rider. And it was followed by a stop, and knee trembling.

Day twenty six and a song I can play on an instrument.
Given that I have almost no instrumental skills the songs that I can play are limited to acappella, or close to it.
So, this is it, a great song, and so bitterly tender.
And I sure as hell wasn't going suggest Caravan of Love for a submission in this category.

No comments:

Post a Comment