Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gummy shark

In one of the deeper conversations that I have enjoyed recently my spawn announced that pain was his friend. Normally his prognostications give me little cause for concern, but this one did cause a small flicker of anxiety. Given that at various times I have found him compromising his future fertility while he acts as the target for other miscreants' ball throwing and kicking, I shouldn't be too surprised.
His almost Steve O like love of performance, and willingness to place entertainment above self-preservation has long been apparent.
My concern stems from two things, one, his future career choice. Is he going to end up wrestling Ursine opponents for a living? Trying to emulate Guy Martin? Or Matt Hoffman? Only time will tell.
The other, is where has this come from? Is this trait inherited from his jackass father? I am just a series of misjudged adventures that helps in accruing wounds and injuries of little consequence. And I do protect certain soft, fleshy parts of my person most carefully.
Either way, I hope that he will realise the error in his statement before he acquires even more stitches and broken bones.

1 comment:

  1. The young tadpole is halfway to manhood. Now he just needs to make his truce with fear and accept it as a traveling companion, and he'll then be ready to ascend great heights of risk, pleasure, and trauma.

    ReplyDelete