Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ineptitude



Day Seven - a song that reminds me of an event.
Well, where do I start, I have many songs that remind me of many events, some funny, some sad, some just down right foolish.
So I have picked one, because it's a trifle more recent than many others, and to a degree an indication of just how perverse some of my musical choices can be.
This little ditty was the unpleasant little surprise that launched out of my phone after it had been suggested that I provide some musical accompaniment, and pulg it into the speakers on the boat, while we set to chasing Seriola sp. out around Flat Rock last summer.
All was peachy with various other tunes drifting forth, until this lurched out. There was a look on the skipper's face that was pained, and even I realised that some songs are best left on dry land.
To add insult to injury that day I managed to birdsnest a reel at the critical moment and lost the only Kingfish we had had a sniff of all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment