Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sparta




So, day seventeen beckons, and a song that I'd like to hear on the radio.
This is New Jersey, to me.
This takes me back, to wandering Liberty State Park NJ, while tourists were getting brow beaten by loud speakers, and the males were saying "Hey Martha", and they were, but 400 yards, or so, away and gazing at Ellis Island, or a little further out, about to land at the Statue of Liberty. I was lucky. Ashore, on the Jersey side of the Hudson and a world away from the tourists and hacks.

Tomorrow, day of reckoning stuff, I will knock out 180kms with Junior, The Croc and The Worm, and maybe Mikeal the Onanstic One. I will wager my firstborn's humour that I will fail in the legs department and suffer an indignity or two. But prior to that happening, I will be the nagging verbal scourge in the bunch.

I will be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment