Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Killer clown




This spell of cold weather has been a most unpleasant shake up of the natural order of my mind. I escaped the South Island last century to avoid these sort of unpleasant experiences, where Spring gets mauled by Winter. I shouldn't complain, as I still have vivid memories of racing in December, and it snowing as I rode, that will never happen in this neck of the woods.
But this weather also reminded me of a twenty minutes of sheer hell in a two up time trial out at Mosgiel, Otago. There was snow on the sides of the road, and it sleeted as we rode. I thought I could be man enough to do it with no leg warmers. Wrong, I was almost crying from pain, and my legs were a funny motley colour. What a complete fool I was.
As a complete aside, ever wonder what John Wayne Gacy's last meal was? Well wonder no more, here is a recreation. Almost a happy meal.

Day eight - a song that I know all the words to


No comments:

Post a Comment